Microsoft-NetMeeting Web Security
Features like Desktop sharing, Video Conferences, Programs' sharing and many others are satisfactorly obtainable with a program called NetMeeting by Microsoft, which is free of charge and included into
WINDOWS 95/98/2000. An updated version can also be downloaded directly from : http://www.microsoft.com/windows/NetMeeting/default.ASP and may be implemented following simple guidelines, that might be available if you'd like to request them to :
Besides all this is to be acknowledged the fact that this program is connected with hotmail.com account and his features are fantastic.
To enable your Pc to share Desktop with a remote Pc, eventually to get remote technical assistance, you need to follow these guidelines :
Obviously all System Passwords must be shared to the remote technical manager
1) Start an Internet connection
2) After connection to Internet close all windows and remain connected to your Provider
3) Launch NetMeeting program
4) Read the dynamic IP address, by clicking menu Help > About Windows NetMeeting
At bottom of this Pop up window then read the dynamic IP address
5) Send IP address to your remote technical manager, by e-mailing it straight away
6) Click menu : Tools > Remote Desktop Sharing...
Check the box Enable Remote Desktop Sharing on this computer and follow the Wizard procedure
7) Click on menu Call then choose : Exit and Activate Remote Desktop Sharing
8) Wait for remote technical manager to solve your problem, without interfering with his operations,at the end of his job he will be able to close connection remotely.
Passwords' details !!!
Notes : If you do not know your Password ( or in the case you have forgotten it ) of the pop up window : "Remote Desktop Sharing Settings..." You will have to uninstall NetMeeting and re-install it again to manage this feature.
In other words your secretary can ask your technical remote manager for help, even if she does not know the Remote Desktop Sharing Password, such help may be asked only to your technical remote manager or if the administrator has no longer faith on his technical remote manager, then he can change this Password.
Must be highlighted that ANYBODY HAS ACCESS to your Pc can launch the program, and use NetMeeting sharing programs on line, giving unauthorized access to files and programs; to protect this situation you can only use your System password.
In this page you will be able to pass beyond only by following the instructions that explain the epplication,
Basic use of NetMeeting (Restricted access area)
why should you buy Visual Basic from Microsoft to have an higher security Standard ?
Ask the Password to : email@example.com